Monday, May 14, 2012

Weight Loss Journey in Pictures

These two pictures were taken about 1 year apart at the same race: 3 Days at the Fair. In 2011, I participated in the 12 hr race and ran 31.7 miles. In 2012, I participated in the 48 hr race and ran 54.9 miles (marathon on Friday, marathon on Saturday, and about 1.7 miles on Sunday). The weight difference between the 2 years isn't significant - 8.6 pounds. But what is very different is the miles I have been running. By the start of the race in 2011, I had run 269.4 miles; in 2012, I had run 349.6 miles. I have also been trying to be better with my diet. Not sure if I've made any significant changes with the diet but I know I have been trying to be more focused about running more consistently and trying to stay away from the desserts and alcohol. Hopefully by this time next year I'll have reached my weight goal (need to lose 12 more pounds) and will run even farther at this race - or maybe as far as I have this year but in less time, 24 hrs or less perhaps?


No comments:

Post a Comment